Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Ode to "boolish"


Back in the fall of 2005, when I moved here to Cache Valley I was strolling along the grocery store when I stumbled upon Otis Spunkmeyer's BOOLICIOUS cookie dough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who would've though my life would be changed forever?? All my life I have been freakishly fond of cookie dough. If I had a fight with a boyfriend or just having a girls-night I would often buy a container (sometimes huge sausage like chubs) of cookie dough. YUMMO! (in Rachel Ray's creepy goblin voice). Well Boolish, as I like to call it, was in a completely different league then those childish cookie doughs. It was chocolate dough! Sweet succulent CHOCOLATE dough. It had white chocolate chips and orange (colored) chocolate chips. It was sold in the frozen isle and it was SO good!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bought like 5 to 10 packages that Halloween season (really healthy...) but little did I know that I would never see boolish again after that. Yes, that's right, I only was aware of it's existence for one measly season and then some big shot with Otis Spunkmeyer decided to pull the product.


Every Halloween season I search for boolish. During other holidays I look for a spin-off of boolish... like "heartlicious" or "Shamrocklicious" (maybe not shamrocklicious). Chris has tried to tell me "boolish is gone.... you've got to let it go" but I can't!!! Several months ago I went to the Otis Spunkmeyer site and wrote an "ode to boolish" type letter. I asked them how I could get more. I asked them if there is a second best (pfff) option. I asked them to help me.


Well, I never heard back! That's right.... Otis doesn't care about his number one fan. Granted, I may have frightened the reader..... but I didn't even get a courtesy e-mail or a coupon or anything? Well that is just cold hearted.


Last month while Chris was taking his g-mat I was driving around Ogden killing time, and stumbled upon an Otis Spunkmeyer Plant (who knew) and went in search of answers. No leads were found and I am left boolicous-less.


I guess I need to just look back fondly on the memories I had with boolish.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Krista -

    I want to apologize for the frustration you're experiencing finding the Boolish cookies. The good news is that we haven't discontinued the item - we still manufacture it. We just don't sell it in retail outlets any more. It's called our Reese's cookie.

    We definitely appreciate inquiries from our fans and do respond to all emails that we receive at Otis Spunkmeyer. I apologize if you did not receive our response. We have the unfortunate problem of having our responses capture by Spam filteres, so often times the recipient doesn't receive the email, but I did verify that an email response was sent.

    Regarding the facility in Ogden - it is a contact center, which just opened in April 2010, so you may have visited when we were still undergoing construction.

    If you'll send me an email directly to rstrickland@spunkmeyer.com I can arrange to have some free Reese's cookies provided to you.

    We're so glad you loved the Reese's cookies!

    Warmest Regards,

    Robert
    Manager, Ask Otis!

    ReplyDelete