Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Weekend Update

I had a fantastic weekend. When I got home from work on Friday we went to the Utah State Pottery sale. I purchased the orangy lidded pot below. I can't believe someone MADE it... the lid fits perfectly... how do they do it? Amazing! When I got home I couldn't shut up about how fun it was to get something that wasn't made in a factory and reproduced a thousand times. Then Chris surprised me with another piece that he purchased while I wasn't present. It's the pretty pinkish blueish little number on the left. I LOVE IT. It is just so girly and lovely. Thank you Chris E. The picture really doesn't do either piece justice. It was fun to get a "prize" (as they call it in Kara's family).

On Saturday we went to Yah Poh, which is a yummy Chilean restaurant here in Logan. Jason's uncle Jose was performing there in his mariachi style band. Highlights included: Delicious empinada's, and Jason's face turning beet red when urged to dance in front of all of the patrons of the restaurant. HAHA! That was rad.

On Sunday we went to the Cache Valley Flee Market. Not cool. Nuf said. Then we went home and Jason did some construction in mine and Chris E's room. He put in new floor boards and they look beautiful. That night Chris made the most amazing breakfast for dinner. EVER. (Chris: the bacon was absolutely NOT too crispy). All and all it was a very fun weekend.

Last night Chris and I grilled up some smokey Texas-style ribs and tried our hand at making baba ghanoush. It was quite the yummy feast! Once again, the photo does no justice.

P.S.
I understand that people out there in the world might not really care about what I had for dinner. Well too bad. What I have for dinner just happens to be the most important and most exciting thing in my life. :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Even though I heard about most of this on the telly (that's the telephone, not the Mrs. Featherbottom word for television), I still enjoyed this recap. Those ribs look yummy! I'm loving your adventures in ATK. I went to the store last night and restocked my pantry. I am going to go to an Asian grocery today to get the last few things I need, and then I'll be a cookin' fool again! Luh!

    ReplyDelete