Wednesday, April 28, 2010

CHRIS E

I love Chris E. He is the most amazing (and attractive) man. His middle name is Earl (cool middle name, I know) so I call him Chris E (pronounced Chrisy). He is so smart and hilarious... it's incredible! He recently graduated with a degree in Economics and will soon be pursuing his MBA. I honestly could not be more proud to have him as my husband. I might point out that our names are also soul mates: Chris/Krista and Cook/Baker. Here is our story!

We were friends for ages before ever becoming more, and then one day it was like "HELLO!" After months of flirting, we began a secret romance (we didn't want to rock the boat amongst all of our friends for just a crush thingy). All of the sudden it wasn't just a crush thingy. Back in the summer of 2005 he took me on an impromptu outing to (dot dot dot) Wyoming Downs. We spent the entire day at the trashy horse track in the blazing hot sun placing $1 bets on horses. Though it was nothing like the scene in My Fair Lady (where she yells "move your blommin' A$$" in a extravagant black and white gown), it was one of the best days of my life. That day I knew I was wild about him! We had so much fun just hanging out together and I couldn't get him off of my mind.

Soon after that he moved to Logan and I was still living in Provo (which sits on top of Hell, I think). I missed him A LOT! When Craig passed away, he was the first person I called besides my mom. Chris dropped everything, grabbed only his toothbrush, and came straight down from Logan to be there for me. He took an entire week off of his life to help me get through the saddest week of mine. After that I needed to relocate to kind of get a fresh start. I was like "hmm, where shall I go???? I hear it's lovely in LOGAN!" Ha ha! Shortly after, Chris and I "went public" with our relationship, HOORAY! We dated for a couple years and then got hitched. Sometimes he drives me nuts. He leaves dirty socks here and there, and forgets about the chapstick in his pocket that later wreaks havoc on the laundry... but man I love him! Here are some photos for your viewing pleasure:Chris as a kiddo. His mom wanted a pic of him in his little league get-up, he insisted his bike (that sweet huffy in the background) be included.

I asked Jason and Chris E to smile for this Denver pic.... this is what I get..... thanks a lot guys.

Never had a thing for jocks....... this picture is definitely an exception! :)



Halloween: I was Michael Jackson they were boy scouts (get it)

This one makes me laugh. Chris E as a thug...



the "I'm cool cuz I bleach my hair" phase... I wish I could say my hair dyeing phase was as short as his.

Chris E: I love you.

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet post. I feel like I know Chris so much better after reading this. Keep up the writing, Krista. I've enjoyed it very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am especially good at being a thug. Please note the CD necklace, scrub bottoms, and the fishing pole holstered at my side. That's how I roll, THUGLIFE! Thank you for making me seem more awesome than I am deary. Love you!

    ReplyDelete