Tuesday, April 27, 2010

ODE TO ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT

Okay. This is my favorite television show of all time. I am deeply disturbed that it was cancelled in 2006 after only three short seasons. This show was smart, hilarious, and unique. It somehow managed to be cynical AND optimistic ("I didn't take 'not optimistic it could be done' for an answer"). It had a star studded cast. My favorite character was/is Lucille Bluth (Jessica Walter)... just a glimpse of her face sends me into a laughing fit. Chris's favorite is Gob Bluth (Will Arnett.) I mean, what is not funny about a grown man who is desperate to get back into the Magicians Alliance? David Cross is hilarious as the blue man group wanna be, never-nudest, Mrs. Featherbottomy Tobias Funke. Oh heck every Character is wonderful. There is rumored to be an Arrested Development movie in the making.... please, please, please, pretty please, let it be so. Anyone who has watched this show and wasn't wild about it, I urge you to re-watch it! Every time I re-watch I fall more in love. Chris and I went camping last summer, and as lame as we are, we brought the laptop and stayed up late in our tent watching episodes. It is a little ridiculous that we brought the lap-top camping (defeats the purpose and blah blah blah) but we had a good time!!! We both get a kick out of it. Here are some pics that make me happy!













Oh, and about my last post MUSICALS!!! I have a terribly embarrassing confession. I have never seen State Fair, or Guys And Dolls! I know. THE SHOCKING HORROR! I have tried to get my hands on both of these repeatedly, it just hasn't worked out YET! I will see them, and I will love them. Also, I should have put Anchors Away in the Honorable mentions.

4 comments:

  1. OMG! Great post! I seriously LOVE this show to much. I didn't get on the A.D. band wagon until years later, but it seriously makes me laught so hard. And yes, they are making it into a movie. Check this out:

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0901469/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!!! I am loving your blog so much. This is my first visit. Please write on this blog every day, because I can *hear* you in your writing, and it makes me miss you more and more, and not miss you quite so much, all at the same time! I MISS YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, how could I comment without concurring with the wonderfulness of A.D.? "I'll be bringing you some salmon rolls right away...in heaven."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you 100,000%! Yes that's right, 100,000%! Why is it that awesome shows like this get cancelled when all these totally lame shows return year after year? I guess it's just because we "intellecutals" appreciate the irony and subtlety without having a laugh track to tell us when something is funny! Lol! I have to tell you, you are a girl after my own heart! We need to to another girls night!!!

    ReplyDelete